Education, with the evolution of technology, is changing rapidly, as are careers and global awareness. To provide the best educational foundation for our students, our District is committed to providing all students in the school with the skills and equipment needed to succeed. The District believes that technology plays a large role in our students’ lives, and that the foundations in how to use technology, coupled with curriculum will allow our students to compete in a global work force. The Board of Education, Administration, and Faculty are supporting the 21st Century Technology Initiative in which each student in grades 7-12 will be provided with a laptop or tablet for use in and out of school to supplement their education.
Supplementing all students’ education with technology, the 21st Century Technology Initiative will achieve the following goals for our students, faculty, and community.
- Improve student achievement in traditional curriculum and Improve the “4 C's of Learning and Innovation Skills.”
- Educate our students on Internet Safety and Digital Citizenship.
- Enhance and improve 21st Century Skills through the integration of the International Society for Technology in Education’s National Educational Technology Standards.
- Provide an equitable education for all students at Forest City Regional.
- Promote growth and economic development within the community. Increase student accountability in the learning process.
- Enhance instruction strategies through the effective use of technology and 21st Century teacher methodology.
The Forest City Regional School District believes to achieve these goals a District owned laptop should be provided to all high school students for which the students can use in and out of school. The laptop, software, and all accessories remain the property of the Forest City Regional School District and are loaned to the students primarily for educational purposes. At the end of the Academic year, the laptops will be collected for routine updates, maintenance, and cleaning.