Mrs. Shelp's Classroom Expectations
1. Come to class prepared to learn.
- Be organized and prepared for class.
- Absolutely no food, drink, gum, or candy permitted.
- Raise your hand and get permission before you speak or leave your seat
- HOMEWORK IS DUE FIRST THING IN THE MORNING
2. Complete the assigned work
- Listen and follow directions the first time they are given
- Focus and concentrate on completing assignments. The amount of effort you put forth will directly impact your learning, grades, confidence and future!
- Make good use of every moment while in class and doing homework.
- Take advantage of extra time in class to complete homework assignments.
- Listen to others and participate in class discussions
3. Respect others and their property
- Cooperate with others when working in a group
- Pick up after yourself
- Leave other people’s materials alone
- Do not interrupt other student’s learning
- Keep hands, feet and objects to yourself
- NO VANDALISM. Don’t write or carve on your desk or school property
- Take care of all books and equipment
- Respect all ideas given in class and do not criticize anybody’s ideas or thoughts
- If you have nothing nice to say, don’t say anything at all! * (That means keep comments to yourself)
- Show respect to visitors