Parents' Right to Know
September 1, 2016
Your child's school receives Title I funding and is included under the regulations of the "No Child Left Behind Act" (NCLB) that was signed into law by President Bush on January 8, 2002.
• Increased accountability for states and school districts.
• Greater choice for parents, especially those in low performing schools.
• Greater flexibility for state and local education agencies in the use of federal funding.
Under NCLB, parents have a right to request professional qualifications of their children's teacher(s) or paraprofessional(s). This letter is to inform you of your right to ask for the following information about your children's classroom teachers or paraprofessionals:
• Whether Pennsylvania has licensed the teacher for the grades and subjects he or she teaches.
• Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which Pennsylvania licensing criteria have been waived.
• The teacher's baccalaureate degree major and whether the teacher has any advance degrees, and if so, the subject of the degrees.
• Whether the child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their
If you would like to receive specific information about your child's teacher or paraprofessional, please contact your school principal.
Our district is fully committed to the success of your child. We appreciate your partnership in our efforts to provide the best education for your child.
Dr. Jessica Aquilina