Parents have the following rights related to their child's educational records.
- To access their child's records within 30 days of their request
- To request that information be amended
- To include a statement commenting on disputed information contained in their child;s educational records
Local School Districts have the following responsibilities concerning student records:
- Inform parents, annually, of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- Designate individual(s) to ensure the confidentiality procedures
- Train personnel regarding confidentiality procedures and policies
- Maintain a listing of personnel who have access to educational.
- Obtain written parental consent prior to release of educational records
- Notify parents when their child's records contain irrelevant information and furnish prior written notification of the destruction of irrelevant information and their right to obtain copies of such information.